Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Month Of Posting

I am going to challenge myself to produce a picture everyday for the next month, and post it everyday on my blog.
I will not be intending to fully finished pieces, but they will at least be decent (i hope).
Here is the first one.



















This is a colored version of the picture i did for Sketch Paddys this week.

I also have to say that i am very excited to announce that i have just received my contract from the lovely people over at Insomnia Publications.
http://www.insomniapublications.com/
It seems that i will be working with the very talented Cy Dethan
http://theraggedman.blogspot.com/
who has written the very popular Cancertown. My brother has read it and says its awesome and i cant wait to read it myself once my copy arrives.
My projject is called The Indifference Engine. You can read the synopsis here. http://www.cydethan.com/index.php?page=the-indifference-engine
I have read the first draft and its savage, cant wait to get stuck in.

cheers
Rob

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the Insomnia book man. Sounds great.

    Much prefer the cut-style rendering in this piece to the air-brushy way you did the Bane one.

    Hope you don't mind me saying, but you might want to take a look at your noses. I'd refrain from drawing both sides of the ridge of your character's noses, and maybe shorten them. Try it out, and see what you think.

    Good luck with the 'drawing a day every day for a month' thing.
    Dec.

    ReplyDelete